Starting September 1, 2021, students from ALL countries are permitted to enter Russia for on-site learning with the purpose of "УЧЕБА” (studies), regardless of whether or not Russia has resumed air traffic with the student's home country.
Students who have been enrolled within Rossotrudnichestvo quotas receive a visa invitation number for the first entry to Russia from Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia (track the number of the invitation in your personal account on russia-edu.minobrnauki.gov.ru / education-in-russia.com).
An invitation for subsequent entries to Russia is issued by Moscow State Linguistic University.
Please note that issuing invitations takes 21 working days from the date of submission of documents.
1. Before arriving in Russia, you/ the coordinator of your university must notify by e-mail your coordinator at MSLU / dean’s office about the date of your prospective entry into Russia:
- if entry is visa-free or you have a valid visa for the purpose of entry "study" and validity of at least 40 days - at least 10 days before the date of your prospective entry;
- if you need to apply for a visa to enter Russia - at least 40 days in advance.
It is better to book a ticket but not buy until you have obtained a visa.
If a minor international student is accompanied by a parent or adoptive parent (only ONE per ONE student, confirmed by documents), send the necessary information for a visa invitation about them along with your documents.
2. You must have proof of a negative COVID-19 test to travel to Russia from abroad. You must take the PCR COVID-19 test in the 3 days before you travel to Russia and receive a printed document or e-mail in Russian or English to provide proof of a negative test result.
NOTE! citizens of Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, when crossing the state border of Russia, confirm a negative test result for COVID-19 using the mobile application "Traveling without COVID-19".
3. When crossing the border, international students are required to fill out a migration card with the purpose of entry "study" (except for citizens of Belarus). Another purpose of entry is a violation of the migration legislation of the Russian Federation. Doublecheck the purpose of entry!
4. You must take the PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours after entering the territory of Russia:
- at the airport
- in Moscow in a number of laboratories;
- according to your insurance policy, if the PCR testing service is included in it;
5. Before you have proof of a negative COVID-19 test, it is mandatory to stay self-isolated at the place of residence. The test results must be sent to the coordinator / dean’s office.
KEEPING OUR STAFF AND STUDENTS SAFE: VACCINATION
In Moscow, expats are vaccinated with the single-component Sputnik Light vaccine at 27 vaccination points. More detailed information on the official website of the Mayor of Moscow
• for exchange students, double degree program: +7 (499) 245-22-11, firstname.lastname@example.org
• for students under the Erasmus program: + 7 (499) 245-32-03, email@example.com
• for students studying at the Institute of International Educational Programs (IMEP) for undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate programs; studying at the faculties of the university as compatriots; those who study under Russian government scholarships: +7 (499) 245-38-79, firstname.lastname@example.org