Specialisation:International culture project management
Study Mode: Full time
Duration: 4 academic years (240 ECTS)
Entry Criteria: Russian Certificate of Complete Secondary Education (or equivalent), with school-leaving Unified State Examination results in Social Science, Foreign Language, and Russian
Do you want to be and expert in art and culture? Do you aspire to understand the importance of cultural interdependence? Are you eager to be good at both cultural studies and speaking two foreign languages? If so, then our university has an attractive option for you.
Cultural industry is one of the fastest growing industries not only in Russia, but also abroad, which generates the demand for specialists in the field of cultural management, in both the public and private sector. The growing interest in the world cultural heritage leads to an increase in tourist flows and cultural exchange programmes. In this regard, a steady demand is being formed for exclusive cultural projects, tourist and excursion programmes, as well as for their professional linguistic support. Our 4-year Bachelor programme is designed to provide you with a thorough grounding in cultural studies and humanities as well as strong foreign language and project management skills. Our graduates are capable of effective intercultural communication, are fully equipped to coordinate and oversee all aspects of international festivals, exhibitions, biennales, music concerts, etc.
What You Will Study
· History of world culture, history of culture of Russia
· History and geography of the countries of the first and second languages studied
· History of religions
· Basics of intercultural communication
· Cross-cultural management
· Social and cultural anthropology
· Mass culture and communication
· Sociology of culture
· Cultural policy, art history
· Culture and art of the country /region of the first language studied
· Culture and art of the country / region of the second language studied
· International cultural relations
· Fundamentals of international cultural cooperation
· Socio-cultural design
· Workshop "International cultural projects and programs"
· Modern festival movement
· International exhibition activities
· International cultural tourism
· International sightseeing activities
· Theory and practice of public relations.
Our graduates work for
· Federal Agency for Youth Affairs
· Federal Agency for Nationalities
· Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States
· Compatriots Living Abroad, and International Humanitarian Cooperation
· Gokhran of Russia and the Diamond Fund exhibition
· Television, including various editions of the RT TV channel
· The largest museums and exhibition centers in Moscow
· the State Tretyakov Gallery
· the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts
· the Garage Museum of Modern Art
· the Museum of Moscow
· the Museum and Exhibition complexes "New Jerusalem"
· non-governmental and non-profit organizations
· business structures, for example, private art galleries
· multinational companies: Coca-Cola, Toyota
· educational institutions of general educationOur graduates' projects include: "XIX World Festival of Youth and Students in Sochi (2017); "Tavrida"; Festival of Youth Fashion and Street Art Faces&Laces; international music project "Bull on the Roof", "Night of Arts", "Night at the Museum", "Biblionoch" and many other well-known projects.