Specialisation: Theory and methods of teaching foreign languages and Russian as a foreign language
Study Mode: Full time
Duration: 4 academic years (240 ECTS)
Entry Criteria: Russian Certificate of Complete Secondary Education (or equivalent), with school-leaving Unified State Examination results in History, Foreign Language, and Russian
Would you like to understand how languages and cultures are taught in the changing world? Are you interested in studying at least two foreign languages? Would you take the challenge of applying your knowledge and skills to working with young language learners? If so, then our university has an attractive option for you.
Our 4-year innovative cross-faculty BA programme "Theory and methodology of teaching foreign languages and Russian as a foreign language" is designed to develop your competence in foreign languages and cross-cultural communication: you will acquire a solid foundation in pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary and style of two modern foreign languages. It will also prepare you for teaching in a variety of educational contexts.
Lectures by MSLU’s renowned professors and small group teaching make a good combination of sound theoretical grounding and language skills learned first-hand. The programme aims to provide a thorough grounding in linuisitcs and advanced training in teaching two foreign languages, as well as Russian as a foreign language.
What You Will Study
The course is taught through a combination of practical classes, workshops and lectures.
Workshops & practical classes
· Ancient languages and cultures
· Two modern languages
· Professionally oriented translation
· Research methods
· Intercultural communication
· Fundamentals of linguistics
· Introduction to intercultural communication
· Language, history and culture of the countries of the first and second foreign languages
· Theoretical Phonetics
· Theoretical Grammar
· Fundamentals of foreign language teaching Methodology
· Application of modern information technologies in pedagogical activity
· Fundamentals of the methodology of teaching Russian as a foreign language
· Russian language and speech culture
· schools and colleges as teachers of two foreign languages
· cultural centers embassies of various foreign states as teachers of Russian as a foreign language
· training of foreign citizens for exams in Russian language for citizenship of the Russian Federation
· producers of software products of linguistic profile (textbooks, teaching aids, workbooks, dictionaries and
reference books, etc.);