Specialisation: Interlanguage & Intercultural Communication
Study Mode: Full time
Duration: 2 academic years (120 ECTS)
There is an ever-growing demand for multi-skilled professionals in interlanguage and intercultural communication, proficient in two foreign languages (C2), and modern methods and practices of intercultural interaction. The programme aims to give students a thorough grounding in linguistics, interlanguage and intercultural communication, as well as improve their reseach skills. The programme covers a wide range of general theoretical and specialized disciplines in the field of text theory and discourse, semiotics, theory and practice of intercultural communication, two modern languages and professionally oriented translation.
What You Will Study
The course is taught through a combination of lectures, seminars, workshops and practical classes.
· History and methodology of science
· General linguistics and the history of linguistic teachings
· Theory of text
· Modern approaches to the formation of intercultural communicative competence
· Theory of intercultural communication
· FL1 & FL2 practical classes
· Practical classes in intercultural communication and professionally oriented translation
Professionals in the field of interlanguage and intercultural communication are in demand in various state institutions and public structures.
· conducting business negotiations, conferences, symposiums, seminars using several working languages
· development and application of conflict resolution tactics in the field of intercultural communication
· consulting in the field of international economic activity, etc.Interlanguage and intercultural communication is a relatively new scientific field which opens up research opportunities in leading Russian and foreign research centers, including the Academy of Sciences of the Russian Federation. The programme provides excellent preparation for further study at PhD level.