Specialisation: Specialised Translation
Study Mode: Full time
Duration: 2 academic years (120 ECTS)
There is an ever-growing demand for highly-trained translators in areas such as technology and science. The MA programme aims to provide industry-relevant professional training in translation for specific purposes meeting market demands of the translation industry, through a balanced curriculum. Our graduates are competent, multi-skilled professionals who are able to work at a high level, efficiently and accurately with specialist texts of any subject and any complexity. The programme involves studying two foreign languages at an advanced level (one of them is always English), as well as specialised disciplines. Our MA students acquire transferable skills that lead them into successful careers not only in translation, but also in international patenting; data analysis in foreign languages; cultural consulting, etc
What You Will Study
The course is taught through a combination of lectures, seminars, workshops and practical classes.
· Intercultural communication (FL1 & FL2)
· Translation of specialist texts (FL1 & FL2)
· Written translation of scientific texts of humanitarian profile (FL1 & FL2)
· Specialised Interpretating (FL1 & FL2)
· Written translation of legal documents (FL1 & FL2)
· Fundamentals of technical and economic documentation preparation
CareersOur graduates work for large Russian and international organisations. The average salary for a translator is ₽ 60-200k a month.