Specialisation: Management of State-confessional relations
Study Mode: Full time
Duration: 2 academic years (120 ECTS)
The programme is designed to provide high-quality training in international management of migration flows and state-confessional interaction. It aims to teach students effective methods of managing the processes of the state-confessional system according to professional standards "Specialist in the field of national and religious relations", "Specialist in the field of mediation (mediator)" in the field of administrative, managerial and office activities.The programme is approved by the Educational Committee of the Russian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate, the Council for Islamic Education, the Scientific and Educational Theological Association NOTA. As part of the programme, students study a foreign language of business communication: English, German or French, as well as the sacred languages.
In the course of the programme you will:
1. study the current state of religious studies in the social sciences and humanities;
2. gain skills to critically analyze information related to the emergence of value conflicts, or with worldview systems;
3. master the methods of building projects in the religious sphere and put them into practice;
4. develop analytical skills and the ability to take into account the historical aspects of the diversity of society in the process of analytical and consulting activities;
5. learn to master the models of religious policy and the current state of relations between the state and religions, including in Russia;
6. study the religious and legal foundations of state policy in regulating the ethno-religious sphere.
What You Will Study
· Methodological problems of studying civilizations in the context of transnational migration
· Religious aspects of transnational migration
· Theological foundations and correction of religious identity in adaptation processes
· destructive phenomena in modern religious organizations
· History, methodology and current state of theological research, etc.
The programme gives our graduates a clear competitive edge, thus they, having the necessary managerial and research skills, deep knowledge in the field of the latest technologies and strategies for managing state-confessional relations, are always in high demand in the labour market. They acquire not only the competencies necessary for successful practice in the field of theology and state-confessional relations, but also a good command of foreign languages and the languages of sacred texts. Our graduates may ensure the religious policy through representation of their interests in the systems of healthcare, education, youth policy, etc. and be employed as
· chief of staff for conflict mediation in ethnic and religious sphere
· specialist in pre-trial settlement of disputes
· court expert in matters of freedom of conscience and for freedom of religiohead of state-confessional policy; etc.